Restorative Yoga For Arthritis 5 weeks workshop.
“my mother, she used to suffer from arthritis and was doing Aqua Fitness classes five days a week to no avail. Once she began taking your class on a regular basis she was able tolose weight and no longer suffers from arthritis” Maritza S.
Restorative yoga is good for someone with limited mobility. Instead of moving and mastering your body, you sit in a yoga position and relax into the pose.
•This class is intended for people with limited mobility due to arthritis and other debilitating conditions, poses will be done by sitting on chair.
There are many benefits, such as:
- helps with pain management
- helps with insomnia
- relieves back tension
- opens up tight muscles without over-stressing
- Improves sleep / helps with insomnia.
- Fibromyalgia relief; can reduce pain by 24 per cent, fatigue by 30 per cent.
- Can help with improving depression by 42 per cent.
- Improves balance up to 34 per cent.
- Provides hope and comfort during (breast) cancer treatment.
- Happier moods; boost blood levels of serotonin, dopamine and endorphins – three natural feel-good brain chemicals.
- Read full article and studies here: click here
Other key factors of the workshop include:
- can be done in chair / bed
- breathing techniques
- relaxation & meditation
- introduction and practice of basic yoga postures
- learn to move your body in a non-invasive way
- great emphasis placed on posture correction
Limited space – RSVP early!
“In one study published in Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, 20 participants suffering from chronic insomnia recorded their sleeping and waking habits in a diary for two weeks. Then, for eight weeks, they practised about 45 minutes of yoga before bed and continued recording these habits. Their total sleep time improved by about 12 per cent, and the time it took them to fall asleep dropped by about 30 per cent.” Read full article here: restorative yoga: sleeping yoga
Please note: The class size will be limited in order to maintain a high quality standard for each session, as well as to allow the instructor the opportunity to make personal posture corrections.
Like to offer this workshop in your facility or a private group class? contact us for a trial class [ info<at> aqu balance 3<dot>com]
when: Click NEWS to view date
Place: TBA / Private studio pre-register and invited only (no drop-in)
Cost:$148.00cnd_Cash / cheque
Registration required / Gift certificate available.
Click on article for bigger word.
Powered by Facebook Comments