- How Yoga Heal
- Yoga studies: How Yoga Changes Your Body
- Studies Find Body Pain Correlates With Spiritual & Emotional Pain
- Yoga Injuries
- Defeating depression with yoga
- UCLA health and aging resource / Yoga Empowers Seniors Study,
- Yoga For Veterans “Yoga makes it possible for these men, who have deeply buried pain and fear, to reclaim their lives.”
- How Yoga—Yes, Yoga—Can Help Your Hockey Game
- Restorative Yoga: Sleeping Yoga
“20 participants suffering from chronic insomnia recorded their sleeping and waking habits in a diary for two weeks. Then, for eight weeks, they practised about 45 minutes of yoga before bed and continued recording these habits. Their total sleep time improved by about 12 per cent, and the time it took them to fall asleep dropped by about 30 per cent.” Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
- Newark firefighters build strength, de-stress with yoga workouts
“The reality of what a firefighter does is going from zero to 100 miles per hour. You’re laying in bed at 2 a.m., the alarm rings, you jump up and now you’re in a high-blaze fire saving somebody’s life. Yoga is one of those things that helps the body and mind handle that stress.”
- Yoga better for your brain than exercise,
20 minutes of yoga is better for boosting brain activity than vigorous exercise for the same amount of time, a study University of Illinois Researchers has found.
- How to Find a Yoga Teacher / Studio
- What Are The Differences Between Yoga Styles?
- The four yoga branches
- Yoga Industry and Its Wild Frontier
- Things Your Yoga Teacher is Dying to Tell You (But Probably Won’t) – good laugh have a read: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2013/08/things-your-yoga-teacher-is-dying-to-tell-you-but-probably-wont-alice-williams/
- How I Went Broke Trying to Teach Yoga
- How your brain works during meditation
- How Different Types of Meditation Affect the Brain
- Harvard neuroscientist: Meditation not only reduces stress, here’s how it changes your brain
- Meditation Treatment For Depression
- Simple Things That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- Why Walking Helps Us Think
- The simplest way to get & stay happy, according to psychologists
- Taichi antidote for pains new study
- Tai Chi Reported to Ease Fibromyalgia
- TaiChi is high on hospital and Dr list of recommended exercises.
- Taichi boosts function for those with ‘chemo brain,’ study finds
- Taichi in the new: Slow moves to battle body pain
Food For thought / Things I found on the internet.
A sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye… And YES, science now shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.
Powered by Facebook Comments